"It was He that gave some to be Pastors." Eph 4:11




Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dealing With Deep Inner Pain

We are living in a day where the majority of people are suffering with "inner pain," the kind  that cuts deep, and most of us haven't a clue on how to fix it.  As a pastor I see it everyday!
     We don't have to look far to find the broken-hearted.  Daily, the reports are murder, rape, and child molestation. Violence and terror is apparent on all sides. Witchcraft and occult practices have a stranglehold on our youth. The American Family is plagued with strife and contention. The fathers are against the mothers and the children are warring against the parents. Divorce rates continue to escalate, leaving behind adults and children that are completely devastated (I could go on and on).
     Physical pain, most can deal with, we usually medicate it with an aspirin, rest or stronger pain medications. However, when we have inner hurts of the soul (heart), we medicate as well. Here is a small list of the most common forms of medication: Sex, relationships, control, food, Vicodin (drug of choice for the middle class), illegal drugs and alcohol, Isolation (escaping), self mutilation (cutting), over working, money, materialism, etc.   This is just a few prescriptions; some even go as far as suicide.  Which one are you medicating with? Of course, we know that these are just temporary fixes to ease the pain, but they NEVER HEAL THE PAIN! in fact they compound the suffering. 
     When you try to talk to somebody, all they do is just prescribe the above medications, in fact, usually they're hurting themselves.  Then you have the hurting helping the hurting and around we go!!!  I recently read a Facebook entry were somebody recommended to a grieving mother to just, "smoke a joint!"
      I've tried many of the above medications to deal with my own personal pain and like you've discovered, none of it worked.  But one day, I was "pouring out my complaint before God," and He heard me!  What happen next changed my life forever. God Himself visited me in a way that human words can't really describe. As I was crying out before Him, He gave me a vision.  In this vision (like a mini movie) Jesus himself came to me and knelt down before me with a Silver Platter.  He took the platter, placed it under my tears and began to catch every tear that I cried. This said to me that every tear I shed is important to Him. Then he did something that I will NEVER forget! He took His hand and reached down deep into my soul and touched my deepest inner part.  Then Healing broke lose throughout my entire spirit, it was like a gentle fountain of warn oil.  I was so profoundly touched.  I will never forget that day in prayer. 
    Let me encourage you with Psalm 142 in the bible, it says, "I cried unto the Lord  with my voice; with my voice unto the Lord I made my supplication. I poured out my complaint before Him. I showed before him all my Trouble."   The bible also says to Taste God and sees that He is Good. Stop trying to just survive with your pain.  Quit medicating your hurt with things that really only cause more suffering.  There is HEALING in Jesus Christ.  Turn to Him and see that He is good.  You won't be disappointed. However, you must turn to Him with your whole heart!  God Is real!! I have learned to "pour out my complaint unto the Lord."  I encourage yo to do the same. It truly works. He is the creator of the human soul and He is the only one that can FIX IT! 
     Next week, I will be dealing with Part II, how to overcome Hindrances to our Healing. You won’t want to miss it! Until my next blog, read Psalm 142 and learn to pour out your complaint to God.

In God's Love and Mine - Pastor Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you do not have a registered profile, please include your name and location at the end of your comment.