"It was He that gave some to be Pastors." Eph 4:11




Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Law of Sowing and Reaping!

Do you need an encouraging word?  Give an encouraging word.  Do you need prayer? Pray for somebody else. If you need financial assistance, bless somebody with a financial gift.  Beware of the "receive and consume" mentality that is prevalent in the American Culture. 
     There is a powerful law that God has spoken over our world called, "The Law of Sowing and Reaping."  Galatians 6:7 says, "do not be deceived, God is not mocked. A man reaps what he sows." the bible also says by the measure you give the same will be measure back to you.
      I remember one time when God was dealing with my heart about this. I had just finished filling my truck with gas and was in line to pay. There was another lady behind me who also was in line to pay .  So, I payed for mine and then told the clerk to include her gas as well. He was shocked! and she was shocked! (thank God it was a small car,Ha!).  I walked away from that experience feeling so blessed.
     There was a time when we were traveling to multiple churches to preach, so we would frequently travel the toll ways.  Several times I would pay for my toll and the vehicle's behind me.  It was so awesome to see there faces as the waived thank you to us.  Let's get out of this, "take, take, take" mentality and lets start "giving, giving, giving."  I guarantee you, before you know it, you will start "receiving!, receiving!, receiving!"    
   You truly will reap what you sow in your life.  So, if your tired of what has been coming to you, then start sending something different. then sit back and watch, in just a little while, blessings will begin to flow your way. Until my next blog, be blessed!

In God's Love and Mine - Pastor Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you do not have a registered profile, please include your name and location at the end of your comment.